PDA

View Full Version : data point import

cdonnelly
2009-04-24, 05:43 PM
Hello

I have a series of data points obtained from a CMM. I wish to import these data points into autodesk (preferably autocad LT) but i don't know how to...

I have the X,Y,Z values for each point but since there tend to be a few thousand points per feature entering them manualy will not work...

I can dump the data into an excel spread sheet but i can not find a way to paste the values into autocad... preferably using a polyline to connect all of the data points - If anyone has any suggestions it would be a great help!!!

Thanks in advance

Coleman

BrenBren
2009-05-04, 02:58 PM
Hello

I have a series of data points obtained from a CMM. I wish to import these data points into autodesk (preferably autocad LT) but i don't know how to...

I have the X,Y,Z values for each point but since there tend to be a few thousand points per feature entering them manualy will not work...

I can dump the data into an excel spread sheet but i can not find a way to paste the values into autocad... preferably using a polyline to connect all of the data points - If anyone has any suggestions it would be a great help!!!

Thanks in advance

Coleman

My guess would be you'll need some programming to do this. Might want to check out one of the programming forums to see if you can get some help there.

Remember, though, that the ability to run custom programs is not a feature of AutoCAD LT

cdonnelly
2009-05-13, 01:06 PM
I am unfamiliar with this forum - where should i post this question?