PDA

View Full Version : UNDO no longer works

patrick.callewier
2004-10-27, 03:31 PM
Hi

We now use AutoCAD mechanical 2005

when running the audit command in the drawing
the undo functions doesn't function any more.

no error is reported when using the undo command,
undo control is still set to all.

restart the drawing and everything functions to normal
until the next audit

Autocad BUG ???

Any has experienced this problem ?

BrenBren
2004-10-27, 06:20 PM
Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I got the same results when I tried this. I typically don't audit a drawing while working on it, I only audit if there is a problem with opening it (and I am assuming that most people do the same), therefore it has probably not been noticed before. I have submitted this to Autodesk support, let's see what they say.

chill3490
2004-11-01, 01:57 PM
Brenda, Patrick,

I 'do' audits in the file.
Interesting :idea: , though!

BrenBren
2004-11-01, 05:13 PM
Just an update, I submitted this to Autodesk, and the response I got was:

Your Support Request has been documented and sent to our development team for investigation. The development team will try to reproduce your Support Request and make an initial assessment within five (5) business days. We will notify you immediately by email whenever your Support Request is updated. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve your inquiry.

Please note: Not all issues identified in Support Requests are considered significant enough to address in their entirety; a proposed correction may create significant stability risks; some issues may be impossible to fix due to product architectural restraints. Whenever possible, we will work with you to establish an acceptable workaround.
I haven't heard further regarding this as of yet. I will update if I do

dfuehrer
2004-12-20, 08:49 PM
Hi,

I recently got some good advice from someone here in the AUGI Forums regarding a problem I was having that is very close to this one.

I was running some third-party add-on program that was disabling something called the UNDO CACHE. When i uninstalled this program ( I wasn't even using anymore), my undo command regained it's functionality. Just a thought!

cpnhgn_26
2005-01-12, 12:14 PM
I have this same issue with a AutoCAD Mechanical 2004DX workstation. Nobody seems to have any ideas as how to fix this issue. The undo command runs fine when a dwg is first started, but after a few commands, quits working. I can go through the undo>control>all dialog and turn it back on, but it just quits again after a few commands.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DB

BrenBren
2005-01-12, 12:45 PM
I have not heard anything back from Autodesk on this one. I will look into it further later today.

cpnhgn_26
2005-02-22, 02:44 PM
Anybody heard anything on this issue lately?