PDA

View Full Version : Custom home rendering

TimShelton
2009-04-29, 02:32 PM
Here are a few renderings completed 100% within Architecture 2009. I personally built the models for sketches that are design by Shawn Fisher of Shawn Fisher Design, Inc. Shawn designed Phillip & Vicky Fulmer (former University of Tennessee football coach) You can check out his work at www.shawnfisherdesign.com. One exception to the renderings, the ambient occlusion was completed in 3Ds Max 2009

cdatechguy
2009-04-29, 04:13 PM
Too bad that Revit doesn't have a Roof Tool like in ArchiCAD....that house would look totally cool with standing seam....

Edit: Oops....this isn't Revit is it? Just realized this is the ACAD Architecture group

dzatto
2009-04-29, 05:29 PM
Too bad that Revit doesn't have a Roof Tool like in ArchiCAD....that house would look totally cool with standing seam....

Edit: Oops....this isn't Revit is it? Just realized this is the ACAD Architecture group
What? Revit can't do standing seam???? I thought Revit was the bestest design software ever created? :mrgreen:

I would do standing seam with a material anyway. Much easier.

Nice renderings. The lighting in the fist one looks washed out to me. I like your materials. Very cool. :beer:

david_peterson
2009-04-29, 05:56 PM
What? Revit can't do standing seam???? I thought Revit was the bestest design software ever created? :mrgreen:

I would do standing seam with a material anyway. Much easier.

Nice renderings. The lighting in the fist one looks washed out to me. I like your materials. Very cool. :beer:
You can do standing seam in Revit. It's a material with a profile map. Looks good from my point of view. Not sure if you can get a roof line that fancy, well at least not real easy.

TimShelton
2009-04-29, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the comments!!

TimShelton
2009-04-29, 08:19 PM
Adding a couple other renderings. 100% Architecture 2009

dzatto
2009-04-29, 09:10 PM
Nice models. The only other thing I noticed are the windows. The first posts show them gray. I think they would look better clear. Same with the black windows in the new renderings. I don't see many houses with tinted windows.

I think if you set you GI correctly (depending on your scene), you will get some ambient light to illuminate the interior of the house a bit. I could be wrong, though.

jc3cadd
2009-04-29, 10:08 PM
Very good stone surface details excellent stonework The site/background did not encompass where the home was located. Keep up the good work