PDA

View Full Version : spot elevation table..Civil 3d 2008

tcapmusic
2009-05-01, 02:36 PM
I am trying to create a spot elevation table. Does anyone have a style (or can show me a way) to show proposed surface & existing surface elevations in a "Civil 3d dynamic" table? I would also like to be able to show the difference between surfaces (at the same point), and the alignment station/offset of that mentioned point. If anyone has any ideas please respond. I have the surface style that can show two elevations from two different surfaces already, but for this project, they would like to see it in a table. Thank you in advance for your responses.

sinc
2009-05-01, 03:42 PM
The only way I know of to do all that, and create a dynamic Point Table, would be to use the Sincpac-C3D's Dynamic Point Links (http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_DynamicLinks.aspx).

Unfortunately, you may run into issues trying to get ALL that info into one dynamic table... Tables in C3D are still rather limited. They work well as long as you are using them in a way Autodesk has foreseen, but when you start getting to things like this, you run into the limitations...

It should be easy to manage everything except for getting BOTH the spot elevation and the difference in the same table. It's easy to use the Sincpac-C3D to create a dynamic table that shows Spot El, Station and Offset. It's equally easy to create a table that shows Difference, Station, and Offset. But getting that Spot El and Difference into the same table... That's the tricky part.