PDA

View Full Version : Changing Surface Styles for Visualization

Amirek1
2009-05-05, 08:53 PM
Hi!
(sorry if this is trivial, I'm a newbie to C3D)

I am creating surface from a roadway corridor, and want to open it in NavisWorks and 3DS Max. So I need ti have a smooth surface which actually looks like a connected surface.
But any time I create a surface object I get a wireframe object instead of the surface.
Anybody can advise which items in the Surface Style I need to change to make the surface look nice and smooth in NavisWorks and 3DS Max?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-
ak

Glenn Pope
2009-05-06, 01:34 PM
Never used NavisWorks, but in the surface style in the Display tab there is a pull down. Select model and change the display setting there. These will take effect when the surface is viewed in 3D in C3D. Not sure if it works for NavisWorks.

Dan Elkins
2009-06-04, 05:00 AM
to elaborate on glenn's comment, go into the surface style and under the model pulldown (or 3d if in 2008 or earlier) turn the triangle display on. The surface should show up correctly if you have the civil 3d object enabler installed for navisworks. If you extract the faces from the surface and freeze everything else the trinagles should show up without the OE installed.