PDA

View Full Version : plotter does not reflect layout

david.pratt59575
2004-10-28, 03:04 PM
Hi All,
I am using 2002map, plotting to a hp designjet 750c+ plotter. For some odd reason the plotter will not plot custom paper margins, ex. 8.5X11 landscape with a margin of 0.10mm. I have updated 2002 drivers and plotter drivers. I havge made pmp and pc3 changes. All looks good in plot preview but when plotting margins go to default and drawing is cut off if using sheets (media too small is error display) and will 9x11if using roll. Any help is appreciated.

David

Wanderer
2004-10-28, 03:14 PM
Hi All,
I am using 2002map, plotting to a hp designjet 750c+ plotter. For some odd reason the plotter will not plot custom paper margins, ex. 8.5X11 landscape with a margin of 0.10mm. I have updated 2002 drivers and plotter drivers. I havge made pmp and pc3 changes. All looks good in plot preview but when plotting margins go to default and drawing is cut off if using sheets (media too small is error display) and will 9x11if using roll. Any help is appreciated.

DavidI haven't tried to use custom margins myself, but, one problem I do have with this plotter is that the computer wants me to use a certain driver, but, it messed with me, so I went back to the old one and everything is working fine now (although, I repeatedly get messages saying that there is a newer driver, or my hardware failed to properly install, yada.)
don't know if that will affect you, but, it's worth a try, you can contact me for the older driver if you want to try and no longer have it on hand.

Mike.Perry
2004-10-28, 05:08 PM
Hi

Are you printing Millimetres or Inches?

From what you've written above I get the impression Millimetres, but if that's the case 8 x 11 is tiny, plus Margin's of 0.10mm is soooooo small they might as well be set to 0mm.

When you created the Custom Paper Sizes did you pick the correct media?

The following three results were obtained from all the AutoCAD Groups on the Autodesk Discussion Groups -

"media too small" (http://discussion.autodesk.com/search!execute.jspa?numResults=25&source=forumlist%7C8&q=%22media+too+small%22&objID=c8&search=Search)

+

Have you tried a search within these Forums for things like Custom / Media / Paper / Margin etc -

+

Maybe browse through the following 27 results obtained via the Autodesk Knowledge Base -

Custom Paper (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/kb?la=&siteID=123112&id=2334144&linkID=2475323&col=support&qt=custom+paper&qp=%2Bsiteid%3A123112&qp=+%7C+PROD%3A10310+%7C+&qp=%2BPRODC%3A2475145&lk=1&st=1&rq=0&oq=custom+paper)

Have a good one, Mike

david.pratt59575
2004-11-01, 05:18 PM
Mike, I did check my paper size. the paper margins are set to decimal inches.

I have gone through pc3 and pmp setups. Page setup is as i want it to print, and plot preview has all within margins. plotter does not seem to change margins. what have i missed?
Thanks for the leads, I checked them out but I stilll cant change the paper margins in the plotter.

mjfarrell
2004-11-01, 05:58 PM
Verify that on the front panel set-up
that the printer is set for SOFTWARE
control, verify the margins are set as expanded
there as well.

and or.....contact me in a chat window
to put this issue to rest.....

I'm also thinking that printer may not
physically be able to print with margins
set at 0.10 inches.
You might want to review the technical specifications