PDA

View Full Version : ACA/AMEP Content suppliers

pauljordan
2009-05-21, 02:47 PM
Has anyone pondered the idea of possibly starting a forum where you can post websites that have blocks, myparts, or families (For the Reviteers amongst us)? It seems we find one about once or twice a week but, it takes a lot of searching. Thomasnet is a great site for finding them but, what better way that to ask our fellow AUGI residents for places they've found that support ou program?

Any ideas?? Or should we just start adding on to this thread??

Ed Jobe
2009-05-21, 07:42 PM
A forum isn't necessary. Just use a sticky thread.

H-Angus
2009-05-21, 08:26 PM
Has anyone pondered the idea of possibly starting a forum where you can post websites that have blocks, myparts, or families (For the Reviteers amongst us)? It seems we find one about once or twice a week but, it takes a lot of searching. Thomasnet is a great site for finding them but, what better way that to ask our fellow AUGI residents for places they've found that support ou program?

Any ideas?? Or should we just start adding on to this thread??

Sounds like a good idea to me, how about starting a thread over in the ACA/AMEP Styles Library forum (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=396) where you can post links? May be better to keep Revit seperate, I seem to recall a similar thread over on the Revit Forums actually.

Yeah but the make sticky thread button seems to be missing.

pauljordan
2009-05-21, 08:51 PM

With my eyes, I'm barely able to thread a needle with regular thread.. Does sticky thread help??

One time, I hooked up my webcam and zoomed in so I could actually see what I was doing.. Sad, so sad..

OK, shall we stickify it in here or over in the styles forum??

stelthorst
2009-05-22, 03:16 AM
Hi All,

I think Paul has a great idea. If you know of a manufacturer or supplier who has ACA/AMEP content available for download (free) post a link here.

pauljordan
2009-05-22, 03:33 PM
How about I start it off with Victaulic Piping.. They have a complete menu program that actually works inside of Autocad MEP 2009!

http://www.victaulic.com/content/cadandsoftware.htm

Gotta do a one time registration but, it's harmless.

Once you get to the download page, just go to the bottom of each category and download the whole category instead of individual sections.. Well, unless you like picking through them one at a time.. Make sure you get the one that says VIC 3D Piping as well.

ekolto
2009-06-12, 06:31 PM
How about I start it off with Victaulic Piping.. They have a complete menu program that actually works inside of Autocad MEP 2009!

http://www.victaulic.com/content/cadandsoftware.htm

Gotta do a one time registration but, it's harmless.

Once you get to the download page, just go to the bottom of each category and download the whole category instead of individual sections.. Well, unless you like picking through them one at a time.. Make sure you get the one that says VIC 3D Piping as well.

Does this add a library of fittings and pipe and draw just as a regular pipe with a Victaulic routing preference?