PDA

View Full Version : Creating an AutoCAD MEP 2010 Deployment for a Roaming Profile?

Dr._House
2009-05-26, 08:51 PM
Hey all,

As might be evident, I have never created a network deployment for anything in my life. I have always relied on my I.T. staff to handle the network side of things, but apparently in my new "position" that isn't going to happen anymore. I need to get both AutoCAD MEP 2010 and Revit 2010 ready to rollout and I have no idea where to begin? I want to have custom support parths and menus and toolbars to install automatically with the autocad so all the end user would have to do is install it and create a custom CUI and Workspace and get on working? or am I completely off base on how this works? Any help would be greatlyy apprieciated. I am going to start searching through the AU classes for more info.

RobertB
2009-05-29, 09:43 PM
Yeah, the AU classes are a very good source. You should also read the Network Deployment Guide on the install media.

Profile tweaking is a science beyond simply deploying the apps. Read as much AU material as you can.