PDA

View Full Version : Fields and Project.apj file

arcadia_x27
2004-10-29, 05:25 PM
I'm just discovering how to use fields and I'm wondering is there ea way to customize them? The selection of items that you can add them to is a little limited. for our ADT drawings we use a custom .apj project template and I'm wondering of some of those items in that template can be referenced into fields. Can they be customized at all?

chris.yanchar
2004-11-01, 03:44 AM
I'm just discovering how to use fields and I'm wondering is there ea way to customize them? The selection of items that you can add them to is a little limited. for our ADT drawings we use a custom .apj project template and I'm wondering of some of those items in that template can be referenced into fields. Can they be customized at all?

In the Field dialog, choose 'AEC Project' in the 'Field category' drop list. Then select 'Project Details' and then you can choose any item in the Project Details (.apj/xml) file.

Is that what you were looking for?

arcadia_x27
2004-11-01, 01:30 PM
It is but it shows the details from the project.apj file that comes out of the box not the custom one that I use for our projects. shouldn't the fields reference the one that I'm using? (I've renamed the Out of the box file to Old Aec Project Details.apj and replaced it with our custom file thats been renamed to Aec Project Details.apj)

chris.yanchar
2004-11-02, 02:29 AM
It is but it shows the details from the project.apj file that comes out of the box not the custom one that I use for our projects. shouldn't the fields reference the one that I'm using? (I've renamed the Out of the box file to Old Aec Project Details.apj and replaced it with our custom file thats been renamed to Aec Project Details.apj)

Sounds like you are not editing the Project Details in the Modify Project dialog. The project details data is part of the project's .apj file.