PDA

View Full Version : How to create a surface from survey data

Jawwad Malik
2009-05-28, 04:30 AM
HI.I M new user of civil 3d.any one can tell me how to create a surface from survey data.and how to draw Contours.i m new user can any one tell me everything step by step?

gandocadguy
2009-05-28, 12:58 PM
What kind of survey data do you have? Is it points already in the drawing?

sinc
2009-05-28, 01:49 PM
C3D ships with some Tutorials that illustrate this process. That's the best place to start.

Well actually, the best place to start is by getting some training from someone - otherwise, you'll probably spend so much time trying to figure everything out that it would have been much cheaper to hire a trainer. But if that isn't going to happen right now, the second-best place to start is with the Tutorials.

Openwheeler
2009-05-28, 02:26 PM
Well actually, the best place to start is by getting some training from someone - otherwise, you'll probably spend so much time trying to figure everything out that it would have been much cheaper to hire a trainer. But if that isn't going to happen right now, the second-best place to start is with the Tutorials.

Great advice!

Jawwad Malik
2009-05-30, 03:57 AM
What kind of survey data do you have? Is it points already in the drawing?

yes i have imported my survey data(points) already in drawing.now i want to create coutures on that points.but i don't know how to create plz tell me simple steps.thanks for reply

Jawwad Malik
2009-05-30, 04:17 AM
C3D ships with some Tutorials that illustrate this process. That's the best place to start.

Hi himself want to learn from someone.but no body around me who can help me.so thats y i himself trying to learn 3dc.i hope u people will help.thanks for ur reply

sinc
2009-05-30, 02:52 PM
If you have Cogo Points in the drawing, create a Point Group and add the points to the Point Group. Then create a surface, and add the Point Group to its definition.

There are tutorials in the Help that step you through this process, and also explain the Style stuff, etc. There's a lot to learn before you can really do effective work with C3D. So the best thing to do is to start going through the Tutorials first.

Openwheeler
2009-06-01, 03:21 PM
Hi himself want to learn from someone.but no body around me who can help me.so thats y i himself trying to learn 3dc.i hope u people will help.thanks for ur reply

This is a link to a thread that may help you. Sinc helped me a lot with understanding the software, but you really need to do the tutorials first...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=91479

I don't know how to make it a hyper-link so this is the thread name...

"First Project with C3D 2008"

It may or may not help you with some of your questions and concerns that will arise with using this new software. Good luck.

Openwheeler
2009-06-01, 03:23 PM
I don't know how to make it a hyper-link so this is the thread name...

It did automaticly...sweet!

brian.hailey933139
2009-06-03, 01:30 AM
It did automaticly...sweet!
See how good you are?

Jawwad Malik
2010-05-23, 05:08 PM

can u tell me from where i can get easy Tutorials

brian.hailey933139
2010-05-24, 12:59 PM
Open C3D, hit F1, click on the link for the tutorials. If that isn't good enough, try buying a book like Mastering Civil 3D 201X. If that still isn't good enough, check out video sites such as http://www.atyourdesktraining.com. If that still isn't good enough, hire someone to train you.