PDA

View Full Version : reversing section view

ssast12
2009-05-29, 02:45 PM
I have cut sections for a stream project with alignment station 0+00 at the downstream point of the alignment. When i do this, all my sections are facing upstream - but the conventional method is to show sections facing downstream - does anyone know how to reverse the direction of the section apart from reversing the alignment direction?

thanks!

brian.hailey933139
2009-05-31, 06:11 AM
Just kinda brainstorming here since I don't have C3D installed on this computer

How about reversing the stationing of your alignment? Have your alignment start at the upstream end and go down. Now, put in a station equation at or really close to the beginning and have it go in a decreasing manor. This will have (I think) your alignment still going downstream which means your sections (I think) will be facing downstream but your stationing will be increasing going upstream (I think).

As I said, just kinda thinking out loud here.

ssast12
2009-06-01, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the tip. i think I will reverse the alignment, and then explode my profile and mirror that so it is still shown as going from upstream to downstream but with 0+00 as the starting station.

They really should have a feature to reverse the section view. i wonder if anyone has suggested this to AUTODESK so they can incorporate it into their next version.

jpaulsen
2009-06-02, 01:03 PM
I recall this was submitted to the wish list once but I don't think it ever made the top ten. You can submit a wish here http://www.augi.com/civil3d/default.asp?page=1587.

Rick.B
2010-01-06, 07:29 PM
Reverse the alignment, edit the alignment properties and add a station equation at or close to the start station with a station value equal to the length of the alignment and select decreasing in value. As an example assume you have an alignment that is 5000' long starting at 100+00 and progressing through 150+00 reverse the alignment and define a station equation at 100+00 station back, define 150+00 station ahead and change the increasing value to decreasing. The section views relative to the alignment will be plotted looking down station relative to the station equation.

I've tried this on existing station views in 2009 and it works.