PDA

View Full Version : Mechancial 2010 Out-of-Memory Issues

joflo
2009-06-17, 05:45 PM
Using 2010 on Dell, dual processer, 3Gb ram, XP-32bit & Dell, dual processer, 4Gb ram, XP-64bit. Working with 3D solid modeling files.

Receiving Out-of-Memory dialog box error messages when working with 20gb plus files. 50gb plus files at times will not open, program quits. Experiencing same problems in 2009.
Same files open with no issues in 2008 Mech. Have sent files to Autodesk but they have been slow to respond.

2nd problem: Viewports in layouts losing their settings when is opened, after saving while file is active in a layout. Our solution; make model tab active before saving and exiting file.

Has anyone encountered similiar problems and found solutions?

coldsnap01
2009-06-25, 01:26 PM
My advice it to stop using 2010 altogether! We need to wait for a service pack. Lots of issues I found after working with it for less than a day. Autodesk should get their act together before releasing a new version. I am not a fan of paying large sums of money and doing their beta tesing for them. These are not small little bugs i am speaking of. For example enter a steel shape (any length) then change its length to say..... 12". Now dimension it. OOOOPS! What do you mean you didnt want the legnth to be some random number!
Another fun one is to draw a circle. Select the circle to show the grips. Make a quadrant a hot grip, slide mouse to the side away from center, enter 2. You would think you just increased the circle size by 2 units right? Think again!

richardronan
2009-06-26, 12:23 PM
same story here. I am looking at ACAD after closing all drawings sitting at 672 megs of ram currently being used. Problem cause a crash on our computers about 3 times a day.. Only solution I can see so far is to not use AutoCAD. but I really hate drawing with a pencil ... grrr
-R