PDA

View Full Version : Plotter Custom Paper Sizes

TroyGates
2004-11-02, 04:34 PM
I am working on setting up Revit for transitioning 45 users to it from AutoCAD. Our E size titleblock uses a custom sheet size of 42x36 in AutoCAD. So we used a pmp file to retain this size and was able to have everyone use it because of the pathing in AutoCAD. I'm finding now that I am setting up Revit, there is no way of saving custom sizes except for modifying it directly in Windows Printer Preferences.

So my question, is there any way to save out the custom sizes in Windows and import this into each system or do I have to manually set it up on each system? I searched HP's website and didn't find any hint on how to do it. I'm hoping to not have to visit each system and manually setup a custom paper size.

Yman
2004-11-02, 05:32 PM
What kind of HP printer/ plotter do you have. We have a HP 750C and I set the plotter settings on the server and everyone else's machine notices these settings.

In revit you have to start print and then select the HP plotter in the Name window, then you have to select properties (of the plotter) The go to the option tab and then select the configuration name and load it. Close the property box and then you can set up your default printers settings within Revit.

Y

TroyGates
2004-11-02, 06:52 PM
We have HP1050c. I've got the custom sizes setup on the server, but they don't propogate to the user computers for some reasons. We tried doing this but none work. I was hoping for a way to export the custom sizes somehow, or be able to write a script to have run on each system that would create the custom sheet size. I know once its setup, Revit is ready to use it because I've already setup several saved plot settings in Revit to use it and it works great.

Yman
2004-11-02, 08:55 PM
I don't know what to tell you. We don't have that type of printer and not sure if they are similar printer setups. I imagine you have the latest printer driver for that printer. Keep trying. I don't know what else to tell you.

Y

Robert.Williams82344
2005-03-22, 11:14 PM
Troy, seems we're having similar problems. I'm also using the HP750C, but my problems are in AutoCAD 2005 and LDD 2005. So I'm sure they're common to all of the 2005 systems. Closest thing I have been able to figure out is that the Plotter Configurations rely directly on the .PC3 file. I've gone through countless page setups and custom paper sizes, and finally realized that the .PC3 file (along with the .PMP file) are only allowing ONE current paper size. I have multiple Pages setup in the Page Setup Manager, and each one defaults to the paper size that I last saved my .PC3 file under.

Sounds to me like we're screwed until the ACAD developers can fix/find the problem.

Good Luck to you

RW

paullee
2007-06-27, 03:45 PM
We are having similar problems with our OCE TDS600 plotter and Revit Structure 4. I have got my pc set up with printer property profiles (with custom sizes ie. 21X15)for 42x30 & 21x15 so that the plots come out rotated so that they trim correctly (on 30" & 21" rolls). I also created a saved Print Setup for these sizes. Works fine. The problem is that I can export the Profiles so that other users can import them, but when they import them the custom sizes aren't there. Isn't there a way to export the custom sizes via our server?