PDA

View Full Version : VL namespace mismatch error revisited...

Merle.Hall
2004-11-02, 05:44 PM
OK, I've read the other threads about this topic but don't see an "answer". In my case, I'm simply batch plotting about 120 drawings and 6 of them (only!) visibly hang. When I ESC, they then give me this error:

*** INTERNAL ERROR: VL namespace mismatch

Sometimes more than one ESC is necessary and the error message shows more than once. If I try to load/run the LSP code manually after the ESC, I get:

; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
; warning: unwind skipped on exception
; error: Exception occurred: 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)

In case it makes a difference, the 6 offending drawings are in the middle anywhere, not at the beginning or end or other somewhat logical place in the process. Yes, I've gone back in and audited the drawings (finding nothing) and they still hang/error.

If, after ESCing to release the hang, I just quit the drawing, the batch process will proceed to the next drawing and plot it fine without a hitch (given that it isn't one of the 6 offending drawings, of course). Alternatively, if I shut down AutoCAD using the Task Manager (which I first did before trying ESC), each and every drawing after that will also error out with the above error.

Obviously, I don't mind printing those drawings manually, but the fact that I can't start the process and walk away is the more annoying.

Enclosed the batch file, the script file, and the lsp files for your perusal.

Merle

whdjr
2004-11-02, 08:01 PM
If your printing from a layout tab check to make sure these are not on model tab. Also check to make sure they are not in a viewport.

kennet.sjoberg
2004-11-02, 08:11 PM
In the bat file You are using "do start /w" to have the next process to wait until the first process is finished
I do not know if that works, try use /WAIT instead of /w.
Maybe are You starting a lot of AutoCAD processes and running out of memory.
You can check with the Activity manager [Ctrl]+[alt]+[delete] before You starting the bat file.

Or temporary remove the "6 failing drawings", run the bat file and see if You get other "failing drawings",
in that case You are running out of memory.

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet

Merle.Hall
2004-11-02, 08:37 PM
If your printing from a layout tab check to make sure these are not on model tab. Also check to make sure they are not in a viewport.

Thanks! Not sure exactly who "these" and "they" are but, as you see in the code, I'm actually processing through and checking the names of the layouts, then printing them if they match my criteria.

Merle

Merle.Hall
2004-11-02, 08:49 PM
Thanks! I'm pretty sure the /w is working as the drawings are processed in individual AutoCAD windows which start/run sequentially. There is never more than one session going at a time; each one closes before the next drawing processes.

What does checking the Task Manager before running the BAT file do for me and what do I look for? (Win2k, 1.8ghz P4, 1gig memory) Seems like one would have to run the Task Manager during the process to see any memory overloads (if that's even possible).

Hadn't thought of temporarily removing the offending drawings to see if others then fail. Thanks!

Merle

kennet.sjoberg
2004-11-03, 06:51 AM
Hi Merle

The Task Manager "tab Processes" shows if there is more than one acad.exe running,
that is possible, the screen shows one only, and if acad.exe is running 20 times the
"tab Performance" shows the memory level. ( 1 gig memory has also one end ).

: ) Happy Computing !

kennet

whdjr
2004-11-03, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by whdjr

Thanks! Not sure exactly who "these" and "they" are but, as you see in the code, I'm actually processing through and checking the names of the layouts, then printing them if they match my criteria.
Let me rephrase this:
If your printing from a layout tab, then check the files that are giving you problems to make sure each of those files are on the layout tab and not on the model tab.
Secondly, check the problem files and make sure that on the layout of these files you are not in a viewport.

whdjr
2004-11-03, 01:26 PM
Just a observation, in "print_letter.lsp" when you plot you use the same commands whether the current layout is "8.5x11*" or "model". Is this supposed to be the case?

Merle.Hall
2004-11-03, 01:46 PM
If your printing from a layout tab, then check the files that are giving you problems to make sure each of those files are on the layout tab and not on the model tab.

Given that the plotting is being done by processing through all the layout tabs, I'm not sure how this makes any difference. If the layout name matches my criteria, it gets plotted, or not.

Secondly, check the problem files and make sure that on the layout of these files you are not in a viewport.

Almost the same question here but I'll attempt to insert some code to make sure we're not in a viewport on the layout before initiating the plot sequence.

Also, yes, I intend to plot the same thing. I'm simply checking for the existance of layouts by that name. If they exist, I want them plotted instead of the Model extents. If they don't exist, then plot the Model extents. I could change the layouts to plot using Layout instead of Extents but our printer changes every now and then and I thought extents would allow for that better.

Thanks!

Merle