PDA

View Full Version : Less 2010 AutoCAD Features Cause Dismay

CEHill
2009-06-30, 03:40 PM
Your thoughts about the lack of features in Mechanical vs. AutoCAD 2010 are appreciated.

As an enthusiastic user of AutoCAD Mechanical since 2000, I am finding less to be excited about with Mechanical 2010 as compared to basic AutoCAD including:
2010's Mechanical Layer Manager has fewer tools than the AutoCAD Layer Manager (No Layer Walk, for instance):cry:
The not-so-new Annotation Scaling in AutoCAD achieves the same result as Mechanical's AMRESCALE routine:(
Mechanical's 3D restrictions, i.e. lack of commands/ functionality have me firing up/ working in AutoCAD to construct 2D views.:?:
The big differences/pluses are the older, tried-and-true Mechanical features such as the standards-based, parametric 2D parts libraries, linked BOM's and the AMSHIDE command.

CEHill
2009-07-06, 11:30 AM
I found a solution provided by my reseller's tech support that enables vanilla functionality that is not available in AutoCAD Mechanical out-of-the-box (OOTB):

From within the AutoCAD Mechanical CUI Editor, Click on the Transfer tab. Open and locate the vanilla CUI. Select the desired vanilla workspace(s) and simply click on and drag them over to your open CUI file either a new, custom CUI file or to the OOTB Mechanical CUI.
Save the changes and close the CUI editor.

The workspace's will be available and its functionality will now be available.
IMPORTANT: It is advisable to back up a copy of the default CUI files before modifying them.