PDA

View Full Version : rendering problem

iffans
2004-11-03, 07:42 AM
Recently I download some revit family (vehicle), but when I do rendering, the color of the object changes into grey. The same thing happen when I import 3D dwg object into Revit. The material is gone. What happen? Any suggestion? Thx.

PeterJ
2004-11-03, 08:43 AM
You probably downloaded something that had a series of specific materials in it's form and do not have the relevant paths set up or perhaps do not have the right material libraries, this can happen with families downloaded from Accustudio, for example. If it came from Autodesk then it ought to work out of the box, but if it came from a third party then you may want to open it up and see what's uner the bonnet.

Depending on how the family was created you may find it a little difficult to reassign materials, in which case you will want to define materials for the elements in question. If you look in your project materials you will probably find things like" <car name> headlight" which are undefined and defaulting to grey, just change that to a glass material and you will be the first step there, but bear in mind that not all model makers are diligent in the naming of materials so it may not be as easy to trace as that.

iffans
2004-11-03, 09:43 AM
You're right!! I missed that step. Now it works great. Thanks.:)

PeterJ
2004-11-03, 10:59 AM
I aim to please.