PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rooms...

mjsregister
2009-07-07, 06:57 PM
What in the world am I doing wrong?

One room. Completely enclosed. Floor beneath. Ceiling above. Roof above that.

Room created automatically and extends well beyond the ceiling and the roof.

From the Revit Architecture plug-in:

This gbXML file contains no roof surfaces. Running this file through GBS more then likely would produce meaningless results. If indeed, there is no roof surface, we suggest you add a very small roof (< 1 m2) and try again. If your BIM has roof surfaces, it is likely the room/zone objects are not in contact with it. Please ensure your room/zone objects are in contact with the surfaces above them.

Please be sure to review the GBS Revit Tutorial to determine how to check that your Revit Room objects are at the proper height.
Space id= sp-1-Room has a negative or zero Volume.

At this point, I believe GBS is simply mocking me...

jeffh
2009-07-13, 08:09 PM
Check to make sure the floor is flagged as a room bounding object. Also if you have a site/topography in the file try removing it and see if you get the same problems.

Mike Sealander
2009-07-17, 04:12 PM
Check two other things.
Room volume calculation, not just area (in settings).
The room and its bounding elements are in the correct phase, and the gbXML output is also in that same phase. You can export an existing phase or a new phase, for instance.

kyle.bernhardt
2009-07-24, 02:32 AM
What in the world am I doing wrong?

One room. Completely enclosed. Floor beneath. Ceiling above. Roof above that.

Room created automatically and extends well beyond the ceiling and the roof.

From the Revit Architecture plug-in:

This gbXML file contains no roof surfaces. Running this file through GBS more then likely would produce meaningless results. If indeed, there is no roof surface, we suggest you add a very small roof (< 1 m2) and try again. If your BIM has roof surfaces, it is likely the room/zone objects are not in contact with it. Please ensure your room/zone objects are in contact with the surfaces above them.

Please be sure to review the GBS Revit Tutorial to determine how to check that your Revit Room objects are at the proper height.
Space id= sp-1-Room has a negative or zero Volume.

At this point, I believe GBS is simply mocking me...

What shows up int eh Analytical Surfaces view in the gbXML Export dialog? Can you post a screen capture?

Cheers,
Kyle B

ron.sanpedro
2009-10-21, 10:33 PM
If you have a ceiling that is bounding the "Room", I think you also need another "room" between the ceiling and the roof. Pretty sure gbXML only pays attention to those things with a room on at least one side of them. Without an intersticial "room" the roof doesn't comply. I THINK when the one room is pulled up past the roof it still computationally stops at the first bounding element, the ceiling. So there has to be a second room in there. Perhaps on a "Goofy gbXML required Rooms" workset? ;)

Gordon