PDA

View Full Version : Lines plotted out with different width

csgohjmj
2004-11-04, 12:42 PM
Hi;
I have just bought a HP Design Jet 500 42" with a GL2 card and connected to a standalone computer with XP Pro OS and Autodesk Map 2004. My problem is that a particular layer which I have set with a lineweight of 0.5 in the layers dialog box plotted out with different width. For example, I have a 4 sided border along the edge of the A1 paper. The left line width thickness is different from the top border and this is also different with the right border. In short, I have 4 different width even though the border is of the same layer and same lineweight. I use a ctb plotstyle and have defined to use object lineweight for the lineweight. Are there any settings to be done? I have run out of ideas and even the HP guys are not much of the help and they say it is Autocad problem. Even, when I preview my plot, it shows 4 different width thickness. I must have not set correctly some settings which I am not aware of. Any help is much appreciated.

csgoh
4-11-04

jaberwok
2004-11-04, 12:47 PM
Are the plotted widths all less than the set width? If so, perhaps your lines are just up against the plotter's plotting limits.

csgohjmj
2004-11-04, 01:13 PM
Hi John,
my border dimension is 800 x 550 mm and the printable area is 830 x 559. So I guess it is not up to the plottter's limit. It's just that the 4 lines are not plotted at a 0.5 lineweight as defined.

csgoh

mjfarrell
2004-11-04, 01:35 PM
Well lets remove the inked are limits from the equation.

In layer manager verify that you have assigned your desired
line thickness to the layer those lines are on.

Then in your CTB be sure that color is set to Use Object thickness
or explicitly define the line thickness there as well.

Then draw a rectangle on that layer, being certain that you are
nowhere near the dashed inked area limits lines.

How do the lines look now?

Mike.Perry
2004-11-04, 01:45 PM
Hi

Can you take the same drawing file and CTB file and Plot without any problems to other output devices?

Can you please post the drawing file and CTB file so we can take a look.

Have a good one, Mike

csgohjmj
2004-11-05, 12:14 AM
Attached the files for your kind perusal. Just crossed my mind that the details on the paper space are created using acad r14 previously. I just insert the title block into the dwg using autodesk map 2004.
Thank you.

csgoh

Mike.Perry
2004-11-05, 01:01 AM
Hi

Look at deleting the 3 lines (Right, Bottom, Left : Layer = Frame) behind the Border / Polyline (Layer = Frame), that worked for me here....

Have a good one, Mike