PDA

View Full Version : [2010] Copying elelments inherits Phasing (OPEN)

Jrobker
2009-07-10, 05:54 PM
If I copy existing (phase) ductwork it assigns the phase to the phase that is currrent. I would think if you copy an element it should duplicate every instance of that element.
When I'm in a new construction phase with existing shown light and realize I need to add another existing branch, I either have to go to the existing view or copy the existing duct and change its phasing properties back to existing.

dthompson.226049
2010-04-21, 01:28 PM
I am having a similar issue. I have multiple phases in a group (a bay of an existing structure that has existing, demo, and new construction.) Every time I want to copy, array, or place the next bay. it makes all of the components New Construction. That obviously doesn't work. Is there any way around this?

Jrobker
2010-04-21, 03:40 PM
I am having a similar issue. I have multiple phases in a group (a bay of an existing structure that has existing, demo, and new construction.) Every time I want to copy, array, or place the next bay. it makes all of the components New Construction. That obviously doesn't work. Is there any way around this?

If you want to add any elements on a specific phase, that phase has to be assigned in the phasing of the view props.

You want demo, you have to add it in the demo phase view.
You want existing, you have to add it in the existing phase view.

This was my point.

If I copy an element that is existing the duplicate becomes new construction. It's not really a "copy" than.