PDA

View Full Version : Linking parameters in swept blend

Margarita
2009-07-22, 11:00 PM
Apologies for re-posting essentially the same question in two places...hoping to get speedier feedback this way.

Currently, I have loaded a profile (in which I have added family parameters) to use in a swept blend. I would like to be able to link the parameters in my family to my blended family. As soon as I "finish" the swept blend and click on the "Element Properties", I only get certain PRE-LOADED parameters in the menu (i.e. profile 1 horizontal and vertical offset, profile name, etc.)

Is there a way to add parameters to the blended object so that I can use the = box to link back to my previously loaded profile? Right now I still can't properly link the Width and Location parameters and am stuck.

Hopefully this makes sense...it's a bit difficult to explain in words. Any help would be great.

Margarita
2009-07-23, 03:07 PM
SUCCESS!!!

With the combined efforts of fellow AUGIers, Autodesk Support, and my local reseller - I was able to FINALLY complete my double tee family with warping/draining capabilities!

Answering my above posted question...the way that profiles work within a family is slightly different. Rather than simply clicking on the Element Properties and "linking" the parameters there, you will need to go to your project browser, find the "Families" tree, find your profile and right-click so you can access the properties.

Here is where you will be able to click on the = box in order to link back to parameters that will be able to be controlled once loaded into your project.

One important thing to note is that if when you first go to the properties menu, you don't see any or all of your parameters, go back to your profile and ensure that the parameters you would like to control are "type" and NOT "instance" parameters. If needed, change, save, and re-load into your family. You should now be allowed to control via the properties menu.

Feeling like I can conquer the world right now...

...until the next battle. :)