PDA

View Full Version : Un-Filleting a Line?

stusic
2009-08-04, 08:53 PM
I have always had this problem and I never thought of asking if there's a way to do it...

When I fillet a line, there doesn't appear to be an easy way of changing the radius of the fillet or removing it altogether after it's been done (aside from Undoing, of course). Any suggestions?

Thanks All!

stusic
2009-08-04, 09:17 PM
Taking the time to mess around with it sure helps!

Instead of filleting the vertex directly in the rollout, I selected the vertex, then added a Fillet mod. Stacking these, I can fillet individual vertexes, and modify them as needed.

Sheesh... :roll:

stusic
2009-08-04, 09:56 PM
Unexpected problem: After a few stacked modifiers, it seems to ignore some of the fillets. I've tried re-arranging them, but to no avail.

dellis
2009-08-05, 03:19 PM
Off the top of my head you could divide the edge....and then weld it to the center vert.

stusic
2009-08-05, 05:29 PM
I just wish it was more interactive, maintaining the fillet information. This way, you'd select the fillet, then adjust the modifier; right now, it doesn't work that easy, there's just work-arounds...

tom.shannon
2009-08-07, 04:49 PM
You absolutely cannot change the order or remove/add modifiers in a stack like that. The reason is that when you fillet an edge/vert, you change the number of verts in your model, therefore changing the vert ID #s. So, if you change your fillet deep in the modifier stack, all the modifiers above ti will still be referencing the old ID #s, filleting the wrong verts. Hope this makes sense!

The only way i know of to maintain a fully parametric object like that is to use something like PowerNurbs

stusic
2009-08-09, 02:11 AM
True, but I've found at least if I add the fillet as a modifier, then I can delete the modifiers if I change the fillet of the angle of the splines. I have to recreate the fillets, but I don't have to find the intersection of the lines anymore... better than nothing...