PDA

View Full Version : Rotate Symbol separate from Label?

mdemint
2009-08-07, 03:39 PM
Is it possible to rotate a point symbol separate from the point label... or even assign a dynamic block with a rotation parameter to a point symbol?

I want to rotate a water valve symbol so that it is displayed in the direction of the water main, but I don't want the label to rotate at all...

sinc
2009-08-07, 09:07 PM
Dynamic Blocks do not work as Point Markers. Or rather, I think you can use them, but they loose their "dynamic-ness".

The only way I can think of to do that is to set the rotation angle in the Point Marker style. But you would need one style for every rotation angle. (You probably also would want to configure the Point Marker style orientation to "World", as opposed to "View".)

brian.hailey933139
2009-08-08, 02:15 PM
I think the question is, "Can I rotate the label independantly of the point" and the answer is no. You can, however, rotate the point and not have the label rotate. In the label style, simply choose what you want the label to reference, object, view, wcs, (perhaps another?). If you set the reference to anything other then object, when you rotate the point, the label won't rotate.

mdemint
2009-08-12, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the responses... I have the label referencing wcs and the label still rotates with the point. What I would really like would be to be able to use dynamic blocks with points... so that the dynamic blocks would retain their "dynamic-ness"...

Oh well... I can always just remove that point style and just manually insert the blocks on top of those points until they add that functionality, I guess...