PDA

View Full Version : Physicians' Lounge Interior Remodel

tjk0225
2004-11-09, 01:50 AM
A few renderings that I recently completed for an interior remodeling project. The space is an existing Physicians' Lounge at a hospital that will be remodeled. The flooring is a little darker in the jpg's than is was on the final prints.

tjk0225
2004-11-09, 01:52 AM
2 more views

tjk0225
2004-11-09, 01:53 AM
Kitchen area

tjk0225
2004-11-09, 01:54 AM
Last 2.

Let me know what you think.

beegee
2004-11-09, 02:45 AM
Nice work Tom. !

I like the floor plan / bird's eye perspective. That's a good way to convey the sense of space in a large area, while being able to relate to the planning at the same time.

I'm interested in your thoughts on choosing a circular view crop for the perspectives. I may have favoured a more traditional rectangular crop for these views, or else faded out the edges of the circle more, but the circular certainly adds a dynamic to the presentation.

The dark floor pattern is appearing very busy at this scale, but I'm sure that doesn't happen at presentation scale.

tjk0225
2004-11-09, 03:16 AM
Beegee -

Thanks.

All of these jpg's look darker than the images did in Revit. I haven't noticed that with exporting exterior views before. The floor in particular looks a lot darker.

We used the circular cropped images because we wanted the presentation to have a little 'looser' feel to it. All of the images were arranged and mounted on mat board and were accompanied by (2) boards with finish materials. Fading the edges of the circles probably would have been a nice touch - if I would have had some more time.

Scott D Davis
2004-11-09, 04:08 AM
I find myself being drawn towards the glass, and especially the texture! I love the way the light and reflection/refraction are coming through it! I also like the bird's eye perspective, and plan on trying that one myself!

Yman
2004-11-09, 04:16 AM
Yeah, that glass is awesome! Nice interiors.

Y

Martin P
2004-11-09, 08:27 AM
Like these a lot, and the glass is really nice. Like the circular crop too. Particularly interested in the kitchen view as I am about to start building some kitchen families, yours turned out very well :)

christopher.zoog51272
2004-11-09, 01:46 PM
great job!

excellent materials all around, glass, carpet furniture, and I really like you paint colors, very nice color scheme :)

bclarch
2004-11-09, 03:51 PM
Image of the Week for the next six weeks. The glass is really spectacular. The only problem is that you've made this Lounge too nice, the doctor's will never want to leave.

tjk0225
2004-11-09, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all the compliments. The PDF attached is a little closer to the final color on the output. For some reason the jpg's got dark when I exported the whole list of them at once.

The 'glass' is actually specified as a translucent 3 Form panel (http://www.3-form.com/default.html) with a ribbed texture. I used a standard green tinted glass material and added a ribbed map from their web site. One of the few materials that I just tried something and it worked with very little fuss.

There is one little trick to the birds eye view. When I started to put together view for the presentation we liked the way that one looked. Then we started to put materials and lights in. Using sunlight for that view didn't look right and if I left the ceiling lights visible, then the top of the lights could be seen in the view. I made a copy of the light fixture family and assigned a completely transparent material to all of the elements of the fixture.

Thanks again.

hdjohnson
2004-11-09, 04:17 PM
I was wondering how you set up the view for the bird's eye plan view? It's really a great rendering.

tjk0225
2004-11-09, 04:23 PM
To get the birds' eye view just insert a camera like you would normally. Then, in the 3D view, use the Dynamic View tool (the little eye with arrows on the toolbar) to spin and zoom to the angle/elevation that you want.