PDA

View Full Version : Pixelated Rendering

ivan.weiss
2009-08-21, 04:49 PM
Hi all,

I am creating the attached rendering with Max Design. This is the first time I am using daylight so I am wondering if it is part of the problem.

My rendering is very pixelated. Granted, this is a test shot and the settings reflect that but I am still surprised by what I am seeing. Also, my ceiling is getting a weird affect with the lighting (look at the black portion with the rings around the lights)

Any ideas out there? Here are my settings:

Final Gather: Medium on the slider
1000 x 600 resolution
Soft Shadows Precision Multiplier 1
Samples per Pixel: 1/4 / 1
Filter: Mitchell
Lock Samples Unchecked
Jitter Checked
Raytrace Acceleration: BSP2 (BSP results in crashing)
Noise Filter High
Caustics Off
GI On, Multiplier 1, photons per sample 500
Optimize for final gather checked
Average GI Photons per Light 5000
All objects generate and receive GI

METANAMORPHOSE
2009-08-23, 10:11 PM
Hi,

The problem comes from the number of samples in the reflections of your materials (arch and Design)

Bien à toi

Michaël

PS sorry for my bad english I'm french

ivan.weiss
2009-08-24, 11:41 AM
Hi,

The problem comes from the number of samples in the reflections of your materials (arch and Design)

Bien à toi

Michaël

PS sorry for my bad english I'm french

Okay so how would I go about fixing it? Increase the number of samples for each arch & design material? It is showing in my promaterials materials as well...

METANAMORPHOSE
2009-08-24, 01:35 PM
Hi,
For ProMaterials, you can address them individually or together (looking at the pictures attached). The disadvantage is the computing time increases.

For materials (arch and design) you can watch here (looking at the pictures attached)

--> http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=101387 (french forum)

Michaël

For me it is not necessary to put (in FG) on the Noise filtering very hight standard but very good, it does not go into your problem