PDA

View Full Version : Grid Volume Ticks

Lisa Marie
2009-08-26, 03:39 PM
In Land Desktop you could create cut fill ticks to help analyze a surface. These cut fill ticks came in on different layers. I was working on trying to create cut fill ticks in Civil 3D 2009 and the best I can get is Surface Elevation Labels. Is there anyway to create Cut Fill ticks/labels with the cuts on one layer and the fill on another with cut using one symbol and fill using another. Basically I am trying to recreate the look that is in Land Desktop. Any ideas?

gandocadguy
2009-08-26, 06:22 PM
You could do this:

http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com/blogs/blog/5/blogpost/2945/

Lisa Marie
2009-08-31, 11:38 AM
Thanks,

I tried that and it works. There aren't and tick marks (plus & minus) but with the color and number that will hopefully be enough for our engineers.

Thank you

gandocadguy
2009-08-31, 12:36 PM
You could edit the styles and put a "+" and "-" before the values as needed. Or even a C and F if you like.

jaldridge
2010-05-06, 11:55 AM
After a search and attempt to find a solution I have dredged up an old post, but I am suffering from brain freeze and have not located a solution to cut / fill surface spot elevation style.

I am using the http://www.scribd.com/doc/29800110/Dynamic-Cut-Fill-Surface-Ticks-in-Living-Color method, I am getting both cut and fill ticks on some near zero elevations as shown in the image.

The Surface Elevation style was created verbatim to the link above. The elevation encircled in white on the image has an elevation comparison difference of 0.0006 and if the Negative Expression -1 * {Surface Elevation} is applied would it not still work?

I have toyed with a few different settings like rounding factors and keep getting the same results for surface elevation that at this tolerance.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

etelchav
2010-09-16, 04:57 AM
Hi, how to solve the problem? What the steps?
Thank you very much!

jpaulsen
2010-09-16, 01:11 PM
Follow the two links in the previous posts for two solutions.