PDA

View Full Version : Elevations and material merge

dzatto
2009-09-17, 05:25 PM
Not really a good place to put this, so I put it here. I've had this problem a few times.

I create an elevation view. Genereate my elevations. Sometimes the hatch looks "transparent". In other words, hatching behind it that should be hidden is bleeding through. Some elements are missing. The elevations are just screwed. I never could figure it out.

Well, last night I figured it out. After refreshing it a couple of times it happened to me again! I quickly realized that i had just set my materials to "merge common materials" in the material editor of the view file. I unchecked the box and everything refreshed back to normal.

Not sure why it's doing that, but if anyone else has that problem check your material merge. I'd much rather have a line between levels than a screwed up hatch pattern. :beer:

Andy.88917
2009-09-17, 07:29 PM
Why couldn't you have figured that out and made that post a long time ago? Would have helped me out a lot! LOL!

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=996359#post996359

dzatto
2009-09-17, 08:32 PM
Wow, i remember seeing that thread now. OOPS!

So it's not just me. And it's not just mass elements. It seems to be all AEC objects that have materials. Weird.

Oh well, at least we figured it out. :beer: