PDA

View Full Version : Annotation, Attribute and scaling

jpratt
2009-09-23, 03:39 PM
I'm having an issue with a block I'm trying to create. I've got 2 text elements in the block, one singleline text the other will be an attribute. The singleline text is fine, it scale per the annotation scale like it should. Now when I then add the attribute to the block then insert it, the singleline is still kosher, but the attribute is scaled way too big, like 50x the insertion size. When I edited the block and added the attribute it looked fine, the text was at the right size and all. When inserted into a drawing it's just all messed up. Any thoughts on what I may be doing wrong?

I've attached the block in question...

Thanks,

-Jason

Glenn Pope
2009-09-23, 04:12 PM
Try setting the attribute to not be annotative. Annotative text inside a block that is also annotative don't mix very well.

jpratt
2009-09-23, 04:17 PM
Try setting the attribute to not be annotative. Annotative text inside a block that is also annotative don't mix very well.

Thanks for the reply. Well the static text is scaling correctly and that's annotative. Do attributes have an issue with scaling correctly?

Thanks again,

-Jason

Glenn Pope
2009-09-24, 01:32 PM
I've only had issues when the text or attributes were also set to be annotative. When changing them to not be, then they worked just fine.

bearden383
2009-09-24, 04:31 PM
is your triangle supposed to remain a fixed size? If the triangle is supposed to scale as well change annotativedwg to 1. Then make the attribute and text non annotative and scale them to correct 1:1 size. This will make everything scale together and correctly.

jpratt
2009-09-24, 05:33 PM
is your triangle supposed to remain a fixed size? If the triangle is supposed to scale as well change annotativedwg to 1. Then make the attribute and text non annotative and scale them to correct 1:1 size. This will make everything scale together and correctly.

No the triangle stays at the size it is, we just wanted the text to scale according to drawings scale. I will try your suggestion tho. Thanks for the reply. Boy coming back to autocad after 12yrs of Microstation is an adjustment.

Thanks again...