PDA

View Full Version : Layer Manager & named filters

jsr13
2004-11-12, 08:16 PM
OK - to unclutter the layers toolbar drop-down when using xrefs, a lot of people will go into the layer manager dialog box & select "Show all Xref dependent layers" in the named layer filters box at the top, select "invert filter" & "apply to layers toolbar" so that all of the xref'd layers don't have to be scrolled through in the pull-down.
Common, right?

Well, how about making this the default when you open any drawing? I would like to have this as my default instead of having to set it for every drawing every time I get into them. Even when you make the changes, they don't get saved in the drawing so you have to change it every time you get into the same drawing. I figure there is a SYSVAR or a little code somewhere that would have to be in the MNL file to make them be persistent settings, but I can't find it.
Any takers for this one?
Thanks in advance.

:screwy:

Mike.Perry
2004-11-13, 01:18 AM
Hi Jeff

Please note I've *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) Forum to this one as I believe it would be better served here.

Why?

There is no system variable that control's this behaviour, therefore one of AutoCAD's API will be needed so some suitable code can be written.

If there are no takers in this Forum within a week I will then move this thread to the VBA (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92) Forum to see if we can get you an answer over there instead.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

jsr13
2004-11-13, 01:46 AM
No problem, Mike. I thought about that, but I figured it would cover them all in the "General" category.
Hey - whatever works, right?
Thanks.
:banghead:

Mike.Perry
2004-12-07, 08:16 PM
Hi Jeff

Done.

Thread moved from the AutoLISP (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91) Forum to here, in a quest to find you a solution to your query.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

ntaylor
2004-12-07, 10:38 PM
It sounds like you are using a pre 2005 product as they have changed the dialog. If it is need for 2005 I might be able to work something out.

Regards - Nathan

jsr13
2004-12-08, 02:51 AM
Mike - Thanks for moving the post.
and
Nathan - you're right, I am using ADT 2004. I didn't realize that the dialog has changed. That is encouraging to know that it's been fixed, but do you know how/where I can find a solution for 2004? My firm just recently upgraded to where we are now, so I'm not anticipating seeing 2005 at all.
Thanks for your help, guys.

ntaylor
2004-12-08, 03:38 AM
The dialog has changed but it hasn't fixed your problem. I've attached what it now looks like. If I still had 2004 installed I would see if I could throw some code together.
Regards - Nathan

degrawmd
2004-12-09, 05:52 AM
I wrote some VBA for 2004 to do something similar to this. I wrote it at the document level so it would perform on any document when opened. so the app just sits there until a new doc is opened and then does it's thing. I'll have to modify it somewhat to do what you have ask. I'll see if I can get to it sometime next week, unless someone else steps up.

dlperrings
2004-12-14, 10:07 PM
jsr,

I have the same situation, we just upgraded to 2004 so i don't expect to see 2005 for a long time either.

David Perrings, PE
Civil Engineer

Mike - Thanks for moving the post.
and
Nathan - you're right, I am using ADT 2004. I didn't realize that the dialog has changed. That is encouraging to know that it's been fixed, but do you know how/where I can find a solution for 2004? My firm just recently upgraded to where we are now, so I'm not anticipating seeing 2005 at all.
Thanks for your help, guys.

jsr13
2004-12-15, 01:04 AM
That would be g-r-e-a-t if you could get around to it. I've done tons with LISP & other customization, but I have absolutely no background with VBA. I really should change that, though.
:shock:

I wrote some VBA for 2004 to do something similar to this. I wrote it at the document level so it would perform on any document when opened. so the app just sits there until a new doc is opened and then does it's thing. I'll have to modify it somewhat to do what you have ask. I'll see if I can get to it sometime next week, unless someone else steps up.

3D Jack
2006-03-14, 04:34 AM
Did the VBA program for this ever get written. I just posted a similar request today as it really is aggravating that you can't have it retain what you want and use the most. I am sure there would be a lot of other people who would love this.

jsr13
2006-03-14, 12:03 PM
No solution posted as yet. Please let me know if you find any answers because I'm still looking.

Good luck.