PDA

View Full Version : 5 button mouse

Chad Smith
2003-09-11, 12:48 AM
:idea: If you have something like a Microsoft 5 button mouse then make use of the 2 side buttons to enhance productivity.

For example, I have 'Properties' assigned to my left button and 'Project Browser' assigned to the the right. 'Properties' would have to my most used command and the 'Project Browser' can be hide/shown on demand to gain more valuable screen real-estate. :wink:

To do this:
1. Set up your Keyboardshortcuts.txt file to assign a keyboard shortcut to a command. I believe you will have to assign a single key, e.g. F2.

2. In your mouse software assign your key to the button of choice.

beegee
2003-09-11, 03:09 AM
5 buttons ?? lemmesee .. how many fingers have I got ?

Vincent Valentijn
2003-09-11, 08:40 AM
that's not really a Revit tip/trick.. more a general CAD tip? :wink: nice though..
If you use a 'mouse' called -the Claw- you can control over 100 functions with one hand on this device. http://www.claw.com.au/ It was originally made for FirstPlayerPerson Games but I've seen people use it to draw in 3DSMAX and it was astonishing to see :shock:

brentcarlson892079
2003-09-11, 02:38 PM
'Project Browser' can be hide/shown on demand to gain more valuable screen real-estate. :wink:

What is the keyboard shortcut for this?

Vincent Valentijn
2003-09-11, 02:49 PM
<hide/show> What is the keyboard shortcut for this?

open your "KeyboardShortcuts.txt" from Revit's program directory
add: "HI" menu:"view-hide/isolate" and save, start Revit and you will see the shortcut letters HI mentionned behind the command in pulldown!
this way you can add shortcuts to any menu-item... :wink:
Too bad your selection gets lost when you call the hide/isolate menu.. else HIH would instantly hide selected items. Something for wishlist?? to keep selections ON when calling the menu?

brentcarlson892079
2003-09-11, 03:02 PM
Thanks,
I used the F keys because I couldn't assign multi-keystrokes

Thanks for the tip...works great :beer:

Wes Macaulay
2003-09-12, 12:07 AM
:idea: If you have something like a Microsoft 5 button mouse then make use of the 2 side buttons to enhance productivity.

For example, I have 'Properties' assigned to my left button and 'Project Browser' assigned to the the right. 'Properties' would have to my most used command and the 'Project Browser' can be hide/shown on demand to gain more valuable screen real-estate. :wink:

To do this:
1. Set up your Keyboardshortcuts.txt file to assign a keyboard shortcut to a command. I believe you will have to assign a single key, e.g. F2.

2. In your mouse software assign your key to the button of choice.
This is a great tip, Chad - thanks for this!