PDA

View Full Version : Matching into Existing Surface

jmoore.218473
2009-09-29, 06:51 PM
I tried searching the forum but without any luck finding an answer and I swear I saw it here before.

How do you get the corridor to tie it's contours into the Existing surface? I tried adding feature lines as breaklines in the surface that was created from the corridor; that does tie it in, but also alters the contours that were correct. Currently I have contours that ether stretch past a contour line, or they simply don't reach the contour.

Any help you can give would be great. Or maybe even the location where I can find the information.

Thanks,
Jon

gandocadguy
2009-09-29, 07:35 PM
I tried searching the forum but without any luck finding an answer and I swear I saw it here before.

How do you get the corridor to tie it's contours into the Existing surface? I tried adding feature lines as breaklines in the surface that was created from the corridor; that does tie it in, but also alters the contours that were correct. Currently I have contours that ether stretch past a contour line, or they simply don't reach the contour.

Any help you can give would be great. Or maybe even the location where I can find the information.

Thanks,
Jon

You can lower the sample spacing on your corridor model. This will make smaller surface triangles and better tie in your contours.

brian.hailey933139
2009-09-29, 09:10 PM
You can also not use the daylight subassemblies, extract a feature line, and then create a projection grading. The feature line can also be dynamically linked to the corridor.

jmoore.218473
2009-09-29, 09:44 PM
Thanks! I'll give it a shot in the morning. Appreciate the reply!