PDA

View Full Version : Custom Border Attribute Moving

Andy.88917
2009-10-01, 05:33 AM
I hope this is the right place to post this and I hope someone can help me quick! I am wasting time on this one!!!

I am not using project navigator but I am using sheet sets. I have borders for different size sheets (11x17, 18x24, 24x36, 30x42, 36x48) which have attributes that use fields by default pulling in the sheet set info. My "sheet title" is my only multi-line attribute. Everything has worked for quite a while until my employee brough his laptop to a job site to do some drawing. Any time a file with a border in it is opened the "sheet title" moves down the sheet. I would just wait till we got back to the office, erase the border, purge and then reinsert it.

Problem is, now I have a new laptop and it's doing the same thing, moving that one attribute down the sheet every time I open the drawing. I have edited the block, put the attribute back in place, saved it, closed the file, reopened it and it moves again.

I have attached some JPGs of a sheet I opened, printed, closed with saving changes, reopened, printed, closed with saving changes, reopened, printed...etc. You can see the "sheet title" moving its way down the sheet every time.

Please help me on this, the way I am now I have to finish all my work and have someone else go in and replace ALL THE BORDERS before they can print.

david_peterson
2009-10-01, 02:06 PM
Andy, That's just :screwy:.
I have no idea what would cause that. So if I'm to understand this correctly, every time you open a sheet (the same sheet) the one custom field moves down the sheet?
Or at least that's what it looks like.

Andy.88917
2009-10-01, 02:43 PM
That's it...if I close it (saving changes) and reopen it then that one field moves down the sheet. It is a block with the rest of the border but nothing else moves!

dzatto
2009-10-01, 02:47 PM
That's it...if I close it (saving changes) and reopen it then that one field moves down the sheet. It is a block with the rest of the border but nothing else moves!
Have you tried purging the attribute completely, then copying your title block to a fresh template. Then create the rogue attribute from scratch. Save it and insert that as your TB. Maybe that will fix it??

Andy.88917
2009-10-05, 08:28 PM
I rebuilt the border and recreated the "Sheet Title" attribute from scratch and it still does the same thing. Another issue I have had is that when I insert by border blocks the "Sheet Title" filed comes in as "##########" until I edit it. I don't have to change the field, just edit it and hit "OK", then it comes in right.

So I created the border with the "Sheet Title" as a single line attribute. It now comes in fine, and doens't move on my laptop like before. So I am sure it's a multi-line attribute issue.

I HAVE TO HAVE this attribute be multi-line so I need to figure out what's going on here. Any other suggestions?

david_peterson
2009-10-05, 08:32 PM
Hi Andy,
Sorry to say there was another user today that started a thread (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=108410) that's having the same sounding issue only with M-view blocks I believe.
This sounds like there may be a bug. I'd suggest that you send it in to Adesk so they can at least log it. You will need to be willing to send along a drawing that you've replicated the problem in. If you start from scratch, and can reproduce the problem, save a copy and send it to them.
Edit
You're on subscription, you paid for the help, time to try and cash in.

Andy.88917
2009-10-05, 08:41 PM
I saw that other post today too. I just have a hard time believing I am the first to have this problem.

Is anyone out there using multi-line attributes in blocks of any kind?

david_peterson
2009-10-05, 08:48 PM
Now that might be the cause. I didn't pick up on that right away. I'm also trying to remember back to when I created mine. I don't think I used them as attributes. I think I just had them as fields on their own. The title block info was created in it's own drawing and then inserted as a block into the drawing. Then I'd burst it and everything would fill out. That was also 4yrs ago when I did that so..... We've moved on to that other software package (which I'm really not that big of a fan of) so I don't get to play around in ACA as much anymore.

Andy.88917
2009-10-07, 03:58 AM
OK, I figured it out. I installed ACA on my new laptop (and was having the problems) but hadn't installed the Service Pack 1. Come to find out SP1 fixed the issue with multi-line attributes not staying in place. It seems to be working properly now that I have SP1 installed.

I'll direct a few recent threads with the same issue to this thread and see if it helps them as well!