PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP CRASHING ON SCREENSAVER OR LOCK DESKTOP

Neo_Richard_Blake
2009-10-01, 06:17 PM
Okay, here's the deal. Any time I get up from my computer, I lock my desktop. Also, I use the "My Pictures" screensaver provided with Windows XP. And I run AutoCAD Mechanical 2008. A vast majority of the time, when I come back to my computer, I crash AutoCAD. I wiggle the mouse to get out of the screensaver, I log back into my desktop, and a wonderful "Hey, you've crashed" message is staring me in the face. If I'm not mistaken, there's usually some kind of memory related error message as well. Has anyone else experienced this? It's driving me nuts. I don't want to disable either feature, so I need a work around. Right now, I just make sure that I save EVERY time I get up from my desk, because this has bitten me a few times in the past. If that's my only fix, then fine, but it's pretty annoying,so I'm hoping for a better resolution. Any help anyone could give me would be fantastic. TIA.:mrgreen:

Neo_Richard_Blake
2009-10-01, 08:25 PM
I got another finally. Here are the errors I get. AutoCAD Error Aborting followed by the Error Report form.

Mlabell
2009-10-05, 06:58 PM
Since we have just had the same issue at my company I figured that I would post to help you out. First to see the phenomena open a large drawing with lots of objects. Then press Ctrl + Alt. AutoCAD will try to do a select all for hatch boundary. If you are trying to lock your computer there are 2 options. If AutoCAD is the current window use the Windows + L to lock your computer. Or minimize AutoCAD and then do a Ctrl + Alt + Dlt. What a crazy shortcut that I has never seen until today. :beer:

Neo_Richard_Blake
2009-10-05, 07:11 PM
Well, I don't generally have any drawings at that kind of size, and I have noticed myself trying to hatch/presspull when I lock the computer sometimes, but this problem happens more often than not on the times that I let the computer lock itself. I usually don't have anything to do with the crash specifically. Thanks for the heads up though. I didn't know about using Windows+L to lock the computer. That's wicked cool, as Matt Murphy would say. :p