PDA

View Full Version : Reading Material

KGC
2009-10-06, 04:22 AM
I am looking to do some additional reading on BIM (I know everything i need i can find here). I have Big BIM Little bim, and was wondering what else would be a good book for BIM and CAD management in general.

Currently not working and need to keep sharp and educate myself as much as I can.

omorah
2009-10-16, 10:11 PM
It seems most issue on BIM is focused on Revit.

I have been reading on BIM (Building Information Modeling) and really find it very interesting and encouraging. I work for a small Electrical/Mechanical business and with just nine of us. We don't work on large structures. Most of our works are just a room with one to three generators, rewiring of small buildings or medium size airport runways. Also, the Mechanical department work on some manholes, boilers and in small size buildings.

I am trying to read up on how BIM will affect us, considering our business size, with respect to moving from AutoCAD to another software, the cost and what software is out there.

Steve_Stafford
2009-10-21, 05:18 AM
There is Building Information Modeling: A Strategic Implementation (http://www.amazon.com/Building-Information-Modeling-Implementation-Constructors/dp/0470250038/ref=pd_sim_b_4)