PDA

View Full Version : Has RSA a Command Line?

brhm
2009-10-15, 04:43 PM
Hi,

I found some time ago a "Command line" window when I was in the Loads layout.

I have not found documentation about that...and obviously I couldn't do nothing there...

Does the command line exist in ROBOT?

/brhm

Tomasz.Fudala
2009-10-15, 09:14 PM
Press the F9 key.

pawelp
2009-10-27, 10:27 AM
You may want to use a Text/Command based way of structure modeling available with STR file format, as an input data for RSA.
Is this what you are looking for ? Could it be applicable for you ?

brhm
2009-10-28, 01:29 PM
Hi Pawell,
Thank you very much Pawell for taking this subject.

YES! I’ am very interested on a TEXT based way to input data into RSA.
Right now it is about the input of loads and load combinations. We need use a list of 70 simple load cases. This project includes several structures and we can not re-use the list we made once because the loads has to be created on the RSA window “Load Types”…click, click & click on the window.

I think “Friendly” Graphic interfaces are not always the best; specially regarding to large structures.
Numerical data are faster (parametric structures?),
Easier to check, etc..

It is better to read for example:
Bar 203
Node 1: 12
Node 2: 22
Instead at:
Try to know if a bar is connected or not to a certain bar or node by using the display: “it looks like...but, zoom…other zoom, it seems to be connected! But may be not…

Other subject: For all of you that though that It doesn’t exist:
Open the “Load table” (Loads >> Load table). Choose “Table edition” and click with second mouse button over this table. A contextual menu comes and you will see the “ROBOT Command line” you can even open it!

/brhm

smm.144
2010-01-30, 06:50 PM
Thanks brhm, did you find any help or documentations about that?

kvm
2010-03-12, 03:10 PM
Yes, it can be very tedious to insert/define like 70 loading cases, and direcly frustrating if you want to re-use these loading cases on anouther project.
We have solved this by using API and have establised an Excel file containing two sheets- one for basic loading case definition, on one for possible load combinations. filling in the loading case nrs, names, types, as well as the ensuing load combinations in these sheets is dead easy and quality controllable. One push of a button will insert these definitions into the robot model. Very useful.

henrique-amt362232
2013-03-14, 03:16 PM
Yes, it can be very tedious to insert/define like 70 loading cases, and direcly frustrating if you want to re-use these loading cases on anouther project.
We have solved this by using API and have establised an Excel file containing two sheets- one for basic loading case definition, on one for possible load combinations. filling in the loading case nrs, names, types, as well as the ensuing load combinations in these sheets is dead easy and quality controllable. One push of a button will insert these definitions into the robot model. Very useful.

I am sorry but I am new to the forum. Where is that spreadsheet that you're talking about?

AOG
2013-06-12, 01:43 AM
Pawel,

would it be possible to have access to the documentation on how to define this link between excel and RSA to develop the multiple load cases and combinations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

pawel.pulak
2013-06-12, 07:35 AM
Probably not the requested Pawel but... :)

Information about the Robot API tutorial is at the beginning of this forum post:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/useful-addins-for-Robot-API/td-p/3899448

Definition of combinations via API:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Editing-load-cases-in-excel-API/td-p/3320573/highlight/true/page/2

Regards,