PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for troubleshooting this model

Andre Baros
2009-10-19, 02:01 PM
The attached screen shots show a closed room ( I think) before putting in windows I ran a quick daylight analysis and have three spots of light... but there are no known openings. The one in the corner could be a modeling problem, maybe there is a gap, but the two spots in the middle don't make sense to me. Any suggestions?

Things I can't explain. In the visualize views, display is set to "by material" yet even though every wall has the same materials (and has it's vector pointing the same way) some of them display differently.

The end wall displays in red in the 3D View... what does that mean, can it be related?

Thanks!

David Haynes
2009-10-22, 05:56 PM
Can you upload the model.
It will be much easier to give you an answer.

jon.gardzelewski.217169
2009-11-03, 05:13 AM
Walls in red are out of plane. If you think about it, a triangle can't be out of plane, but once you add a fourth corner you need to make sure that it's in the same plane as the other 3.

It's very easy for objects to get out of plane, select the red wall and use the "fix links" button. This will put your wall back in plane, but will probably create a gap now at one of your corners.

David Haynes
2009-11-04, 11:21 PM
Great catch on the red wall. Took me looking at the jpeg twice to see it.