PDA

View Full Version : objects shift during dwf plot

randyspear
2009-11-18, 12:27 PM
I have a template set up with our logo on it. The logo is an autocad block with hatch, lines, and gradient hatch. I am using the exact same block on other projects without problems.

When i plot to dwf, the gradient hatch and it's boundary shift left for some reason. This doesn't occur when i plot to pdf or network printers.

Can someone help?

I'm using DR2009. (DR2010 is toxic)

RobertB
2009-11-18, 06:43 PM
Does the shift appear when you view the DWF in DR2010. Perhaps it is a bug that was fixed in the latest release.

randyspear
2009-11-18, 08:34 PM
I don't use 2010. But yes, it appears in the dwf and on the hard copy.

RobertB
2009-11-19, 12:26 AM
I don't use 2010. But yes, it appears in the dwf and on the hard copy.Ok, so when you mentioned that "I am using the exact same block on other projects without problems" does that mean those other drawings print to DWF without issue?

If so, then it is the drawing and not the program.

tracy.findlater
2009-11-26, 11:13 AM
we had this problem before - I think I read it on here somewhere that DWF doesnt like gradient hatches. Clearly this issue hasnt been fixed yet?

The gradient hatch I was using on a logo wasnt too important so i just did away with it. This may not help you tho?! :-/

tatsu.glenn
2009-12-07, 08:31 AM
Hi Randy

Not sure if you answered your own question before. However I thought I would put in my two cense.

Gradients are a big problem for DWF. In AutoCAD the gradient is one object. In
DWF, the gradient is broken down into thousands of small triangles. So I would stay away from gradients when ever possible.

Take care!

randyspear
2009-12-09, 04:40 PM
Robert was right. I xreffed the titleblock into a blank drawing and i don't have the issue.