cadtag
2009-12-03, 01:38 PM
Greetings,

The company deployment dumped 4 icons for 2009 on my desktop. They are:

AutoCAD Civil3d 2009
AutoCAD Civil3d 2009 as AutoCAD
AutoCAD Civil3D Land Desktop Companion 2009
AutoCAD C3D Land Desktop Companion Enabled Map 2009

Both the Land Desktop Companion and Land Enabled Map fire up exactly the same, with The Project based open dialog instead of the normal file open I expect with Map.

Will someone with a normal, OOTB network deployment PLEASE post the contents of the Target line in the icon shortcut properties for both LDC and Land Enabled Map? I suspect that our IT folk have done something unusual. The Land enabled Map here at work is functioning drastically different from my stand-alone Map3d 2009 at home, and (at work) acts as I expect LDC to behave.

rkmcswain
2009-12-03, 02:47 PM
"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008\acad.exe" /p "Land Desktop"

"C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2008\acad.exe" /p "MapLandDevelopmentDesktop"

I know it's 2008, but there shouldn't be any difference other than the number. I suspect that if yours matches, that your MapLandDevelopmentDesktop profile is just hosed.

cadtag
2009-12-03, 04:01 PM
Thanks, that helps quite a bit.

Hosed... that's a good way of putting it. but done intentionally.....

I've got a call to the exe in the LDC folder, followed by a /ld call to AecBase.dbx in the Civil3D folder, followed by a /p calling the LDC.arg, followed by a /b call for a script file that runs the workspace command (and may overwrite the profile at IT's arbitrary discretion) followed by a /c call to a config file.

that perhaps explains why Map won't work as could be expected.