PDA

View Full Version : Corridor won't tie to existing surface

glewin
2009-12-11, 03:54 PM
I am having trouble getting my corridor to tie to the existing surface. It ties fine at the locations of template drops, but at other locations it doesn't quite make it to the existing surface. I am using the daylight general sub assembly and my heights for the different types of fill are set at 40' and 80' so it should be fine. There is plenty of existing surface for it to tie in to too. This is only occuring as a problem in the fill areas.

I've attached a pdf that shows a couple of cross sections that work fine as well as a few that show how it isn't working properly everywhere.

civil3Dguide
2010-03-11, 12:14 AM
Well from the images it seems your trouble comes into play when it has to reach too far to hit the existing surface, it would seem that you need to adjust a settings to get it to go farther or use a different daylghting assembly, it's hard for me to say from just the images, but something has to be telling them to stop at a certain distance.

Is the distance the same everywhere that's short? I see that the left is shorter than the right.