PDA

View Full Version : Worksets and wall joins

sbrown
2003-09-17, 01:32 PM
Ok, I had a couple good weeks with worksets, now I'm frustrated again.

This time with wall joins, we have exterior wall on and exterior workset, interior walls on an interior workset and I can't get them to align, clean up or behave at all correctly.

I'm sending my file to revit, but if anyone has ideas let me know, I've pulled the walls away rejoined them and if revit doesn't crash it does something strange.

Steve_Stafford
2003-09-17, 01:54 PM
You haven't restricted workset relationships have you? I seem to recall Yman saying he refrains from splitting walls...any chance you've split these buggers? Don't know what his experience has been, just that he said he tries not to...

sbrown
2003-09-17, 05:29 PM
I'm sure there are dozens of split walls in this file, but I don't think thats the case here, it just appears that walls of different worksets join sometimes and sometimes don't. I can take all the worksets get the join, then release the worksets and come back and they are no longer joined.

ptranberg
2010-03-01, 02:52 PM
Hi
Picking up an old thread... I have the same challenge.
An Interior Wall joining up with an Exterior Wall in a t-intersection. In a "Clean" project, NONE Template, I can use the Wall Joins tool to select between Clean Join, Don't Clean Join and Use View Setting. When enabeling Worksets it seems like I can't pick up the T-intersection for Wall Join editing. When the Join Square is pointed to the T-Intersection the optionsbar gets greyed out.

cliff collins
2010-03-01, 03:11 PM
Do you have the 64 bit Wall Join multi-thread tool enabled?

Perhaps this may be causing it?

cheers.......

crockard-j
2010-03-03, 02:49 PM
Hi

Would you be able to tell me what is a 64 bit wall join multi thread tool?

Thanks Jason

cliff collins
2010-03-03, 02:56 PM
If you are on Subscription for Revit, you can download this from the Subscription Center:

Revit 2010 Wall Modification Hotfix for 32 and 64 bit applications.

Please note that this will allow Revit to use multi-core processing
for wall joins, but it may also produce an overall performance hit.

Please contact your reseller or Autodesk rep for more info on this.

cheers.......