PDA

View Full Version : Winter

thommenbodo
2004-11-24, 11:21 AM
Any tips on how to render a winter scene?

SkiSouth
2004-11-24, 11:28 AM
Any tips on how to render a winter scene?

A cheat - Indoors looking out onto a jpeg of the site.

Roger Evans
2004-11-24, 12:05 PM
Did you see my spiralled igloo?

thommenbodo
2004-11-24, 12:57 PM
Did you see my spiralled igloo?

No, didnt see that.

SCShell
2004-11-24, 02:35 PM
Hey there,
Brrrrr.....it even feels like winter here in Tucson!
Well, first off:
In Accurender, you can select the season for any tree or plant in order to make your landscape look like it is in it's winter season.
Secondly, within Accurender, you can edit any plant material, including it's color. I can't see why you couldn't open a grass family and modify the color to be a white-grey color rather than a traditional green. Or, better yet maybe, modify the standard revit site material, Sand, to be colored white-grey. This way, it will render similar to snow maybe.
Who knows, could look good!
Oh, and of course, modify your sun settings when you render to get that low sun.
Good luck. Remember, rendering is an art, not an exact science.
Steve Shell

Steve_Stafford
2004-11-24, 03:12 PM
Honestly...a good tip would be DON'T. I suppose it CAN be done and in your case it either must or should be done, but it will probably take a great deal of effort. Putting snow in the places that it really will be is very difficult to make believeable (roofs, valleys, gutters w/ icicles, bushes, railings, ledges, sills....on and on). As soon as you put a bit of snow somewhere these other areas are going to scream, "Fake Fake Fake..." Not to mention you won't be putting snow on in the Revit model to render, you'll have to do it in Photoshop or the like. Unless you make snow families? :shock:

Of course you know this already and are stuck I'm sure? So I'll wish you good luck and ask you to post the results!!! :grin:

christopher.zoog51272
2004-11-24, 05:43 PM
Use a snow material on the large surfaces, but As steve mentioned you'll have to paint in the little bits of snow that are too hard to model.

Here are some "snowy" matt painting tutorials that may come in handy:

http://www.seb4d.com/Tutorials/Photoshop/Mattepainting_hivers/mattepainting_hivers_english.htm

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/mattepainting/mattepainting_1.asp