PDA

View Full Version : Project Navigator Sheet Set View Sorting

gneuhaus
2010-01-27, 05:44 PM
I have been using PN for about two years on several projects. We have had such success with its implementation that it has become a company standard for all projects. However there are some short comings of PN which I cannot find a solutions to.

*** I am revising my original posting to include the CAD levels for which the PN is being used. We are currently using AutoCAD MEP 2009; we started using PN with AutoCAD MEP 2008.

In PN under the Sheet Set View, we can populate all design sheet names (with sheet numbers) per discipline. If the sheets are added randomly (out of order), PN does not have the ability to sort the drawing list by any means. The only remedy to perform this function of sorting drawings is to drag & drop the sheets in their proper order. This makes quickly finding a particular sheet to open very cumbersome.

We have huge projects with sometimes 30 to 100 sheets or more on a regular basis (in electrical we sometimes have double the number of sheets than mechanical or plumbing). The process of dragging and dropping sheets is definitely NOT an economically feasible solution. Is there a way to sort sheet files in PN that I am not aware of? I have also looked at Sheet Set Manager for this function & it too does not offer any solutions.

dzatto
2010-01-27, 08:48 PM
Are you wanting them to be plotted in a different order than they show up in the SSM? I have my sheets in close to the correct order for plotting, but not exactly right. When it's time to plot, I right click on the project name under the sheet tab, go to publish, and select "open publish dialogue box". This drops all my sheets in the dialouge box. At this point I take the time to order them correctly, then save the .dsd file prior to publishing. Now, when I need to publish a new set, I just open that file in the publish dialogue box and my sheets load in order.

If I add or delete a sheet, I open it, insert or delete whatever sheets, and save the .dsd file again.

gneuhaus
2010-02-01, 01:56 PM
No, my issue is not with the plotting of the PN sheets (in the Publish dialog box). I am referring only to the Sheet Set View order of sheets.