PDA

View Full Version : How can I use .TIF set at 150 pdi

mfindlay.240835
2010-01-29, 02:51 PM
Hi to all of you,

I got all our .TIF scanned set at 150 dpi and I yould like to know if it's possible to edit them at a higher dpi with RD. For the moment I have rasterized some vector in my .TIF but the the final result is pretty bad, the rasterized lines become to thick and the text become unreadable. Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

Ed Jobe
2010-01-29, 03:09 PM
First of all, its "dpi", dots per inch. You can change the dpi in rd, but it won't improve the result. It would be easier to rescan at a higer resolution. 200 dpi is my minimum, usually I do 300 or 400. Do some tests before you scan the whole batch.

mfindlay.240835
2010-01-29, 03:16 PM
First of all, its "dpi", dots per inch. You can change the dpi in rd, but it won't improve the result. It would be easier to rescan at a higer resolution. 200 dpi is my minimum, usually I do 300 or 400. Do some tests before you scan the whole batch.

I can't really do anything with the fact that all are drawings were scanned at 150 dpi before I was hired in the company. So I have to work with them at this resolution.

Tell me how can I change de dpi in RD ?

Thanks in advance.

Railrose
2010-01-29, 03:25 PM
Hi to all of you,

I got all our .TIF scanned set at 150 pdi and I yould like to know if it's possible to edit them at a higher dpi with RD. For the moment I have rasterized some vector in my .TIF but the the final result is pretty bad, the rasterized lines become to thick and the text become unreadable. Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

If your images are ok, but your main concern is the rasterized lines, you can adjust your pen width. Experiment with the settings, but I tend to use a setting of 3. See attached screen shot, if you need to find the setting.

I also have my scans come in at 400 DPI. It's easier to adjust to lower DPI for storage, if needed.

mfindlay.240835
2010-01-29, 03:31 PM
If your images are ok, but your main concern is the rasterized lines, you can adjust your pen width. Experiment with the settings, but I tend to use a setting of 3. See attached screen shot, if you need to find the setting.

I also have my scans come in at 400 DPI. It's easier to adjust to lower DPI for storage, if needed.

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.