PDA

View Full Version : Connecting an area between 2 assemblies

scott.wilcox
2010-02-02, 10:53 PM
I am quite new to Civil 3D, especially corridors and so forth; I am trying to connect the area between 2 corridors. I have them currently ending with cut ditches.

The attached image shows this area running through a hill, and the material between the corridors needs to be cut. The 2 corridors are also at different grades and converging, so the distance between then is varying.

My guess is one of the Link sub assemblies in the Generic toolbar will do it, but I really am stuck at this point. Any suggestions? thanks.

brian.hailey933139
2010-02-02, 11:44 PM
How about this, nothing? Yup, don't put anything there. Just make sure the boundary for your surface doesn't go in this area and your surface will simply straight grade between the to corridor areas. If they are using the same baseline and same assembly (doesn't sound like they are), you can use a marked point on one side and a link to marked point on the other.

scott.wilcox
2010-02-03, 03:45 PM
So, how should I set the targets? What about creating an alignment on one ditch back slope and targeting that alignment? Or am I missing the point completely?

scott.wilcox
2010-02-03, 05:15 PM
Brian, I'm not sure what you mean by boundary for the surface. Should I recreate the boundary (right now it is defined by the daylight)?

When I use my two assemblies with daylight turned on, everything works fine. Omitting the daylight link causes strange results; the non daylight link elements indeed daylight to the stripped surface, but not at the slopes defined when I have the daylight links turned on.