PDA

View Full Version : Piling schedule - need to get top level from pile family

simon.bannister
2010-02-05, 02:07 PM
Hi,
I need to create a piling schedule for a project that I am working on, and in the schedule I need to have the cut-off level for each individual pile.

I have been using a standard circular concrete column family for my piles so far (I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't have time, until now, to create a dedicated pile family). The cut-off level, therefore, would be the elevation of the top of the column.

I know that I should be adding a shared parameter for the top of pile level into the family to report this figure back into the properties of each column/pile, and therefore into the schedule as required, but I only seem to be able to get a relative level, when I really need an absolute level. I had one idea for a workaround, which was to have all my piles inserted on the same reference level and then just add the elevation of this level onto the top of column extension, but this would be a bit of a fudge and might (probably will!) lead to errors later on.

Can anyone help me either by helping me get the right parameters into my pile/column family or letting me know where I can find a ready-made pile family to download?

Thanks in advance...

simon.bannister
2010-02-09, 10:04 AM
Anyone out there??? I thought this was probably something quite simple that I was missing - I have seen it done before. But 50 views and no replies tells me otherwise...

m20roxxers
2010-02-10, 03:16 AM
You could try Exitech's Free addon to see if it does what you require. It creates co-ordinate schedules of objects like piles.

I haven't had the chance to use it for sometime since I run on 64 and last check it was only 32 bit build.

Silleke
2010-02-11, 09:18 PM
I got a set of piles, round and square ones, but the parameters is not in English language.
Cut off of pile is one of the parameters.FYI, it is not a column but a really isolated foundation.

Alan aka cadalot
2010-02-26, 11:18 PM
Anyone out there??? I thought this was probably something quite simple that I was missing - I have seen it done before. But 50 views and no replies tells me otherwise...

We have sorted out the automatic numbering and the X & Y co-ordinates like the Excitech add-on but have not found a way of getting a cut off level yet.