PDA

View Full Version : In need of a new plotter

sirdrumsalot
2004-11-30, 05:28 PM
I work for a small telecomunicatons company and we have had one of our two plotters (hp 650) die on us. The repair tech. said that they no longer make parts for it so we are having to look at buying a new one to go along with the hp 450 that we currently have. I have never had to buy a plotter before and do not really know where to start other than it needs to be color and plot D size prints. I would love it it if there was one that was faster on plotting.

I would greatly appriciate any suggestions.

Glenn Pope
2004-12-05, 05:13 AM
The HP 1050c is a great printer. Pretty fast and color. Also dose prints up to 36" wide.

Wanderer
2004-12-06, 03:39 PM
The HP 1050c is a great printer. Pretty fast and color. Also dose prints up to 36" wide.
I have a 750c+, lots faster than my 650, and I like it okay, I don't have a really heavy printing load here, though.

I just thought I'd add that I saw a post for a used 750 on the autodesk forums (http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=371875). We don't have classifieds on AUGI, but, you might be able to put an ad there to buy a used one if you want, just a thought that might save you some $$$. Have fun.