PDA

View Full Version : Contour Mask breaking contours

nelson
2010-02-11, 09:15 PM
For some reason I'm running across this problem. I don't see too much on it and don't know if it's my stuff or a bigger issue with Civil 3D styles.

When I use the contour label style with "mask contour only" option on, it will make a portion of my contours disappear. They are there, just don't display. I can bring some back with a swap edge edit on the surface, but that just sucks. If I change the properties of the label line to mask by style (background mask = true) it displays correct and the contours are good. The problem with that, is the mask effects all objects under the text (aerials, hatch....)

Here is a picture of a simple surface defined by two rectangles.

Ideas?

brian.hailey933139
2010-02-12, 03:31 PM
That definitely looks like a bug. Have you submitted this via the subscription website? Also, can you post the file so we can take a look at it?

nelson
2010-02-15, 10:18 PM
This issue is also found in the Imperial template shipped with Civil 3d 2010, so I don’t think that it is in our template. The problem is a simple toggle of a contour label line properties MASK over to "Contour Line Only". When this happens, the DTM triangles and contours are changed. If I switch it back to “mask by style” with a regen, the contours come back.

As far as drawing file to post on here, I thought that I could wblock the surface objects out to a new drawing so not to transfer all our company styles, but you can't wblock a surface out to just take those styles. But like I said, the problem is there out of the box.

I have not submitted this to subscription yet. I haven't had to much time today. (just to many fires to put out).