PDA

View Full Version : "Problems were encountered with the building information model you sent to Green Building Studio"

daveh.242749
2010-02-18, 07:51 PM
Hello all!

I am experimenting with Green Building Studio to see if our company would like to purchase it. We are an MEP firm who does a lot of modeling using eQuest. The majority of the projects we get are Revit projects so we are hoping that using Green Building Studio to convert the schematic design Revit files to eQuest would save us a lot of time. Unfortunately we are not there yet. I have encountered the following error with two different models, both of which were supplied to our company from an architect and then modified for the export to GBS.

"Problems were encountered with the building information model you sent to Green Building Studio. See below for details.

Construction id=ASHIF5 could cause simulation failures. "

Anyhow, I have no idea what this error means or how I can fix it. The only thing that I can think of is that some how one of the constructions (wall, floor, roof, etc) got messed up in the conversion process. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

jkhmiller
2010-02-25, 04:30 PM
Dave,

Have you happened to figure out anything about this error? I just got this error as well today!

-Jessica

marjorie.stein
2010-02-26, 07:19 PM
Hi Dave and Jessica,
Our apologies for the poor error message. There are certain constructions within Revit that could potentially cause a simulation crash because of limitations on the underlying simulation engine (DOE-2).

ASHIF5 is an 8 in lightweight concrete ceiling. Please go into your Revit file Building Construction parameters, choose a new ceiling construction, and resubmit your file to Green Building Studio.

Best Regards,
Marjorie Stein
Green Building Studio Product Manager

jkhmiller
2010-03-02, 10:17 PM
Thank you! This solved my problem!

jkhmiller
2010-04-23, 03:18 PM
I'm back!!!

I am working on adding spaces to a building in Revit MEP, from the penthouse down. I exported the penthouse and the floor below (5th), it worked fine.

I added spaces to the 2-4th floors (almost the same exact spaces). I exported another gbXML file and loaded it into GBS. I got the same error about the ASHIF5. I triple checked, and I had it so the ceiling type was not the 8 in concrete.

I changed it to a couple other types of constructions. Does anyone know what's up? Or have any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

If you need more information, let me know!

Thanks!

h.ibrahim
2010-07-29, 10:54 AM
Hi All,
I'm looking for a way to solve this Error Message

"Problems were encountered with the building information model you sent to Green Building Studio. See below for details.
Surface id= obj014, an InteriorWall surface, should have two spaces adjacent to it. It has 1 defined."

Any help will be appreciated.