PDA

View Full Version : Missing Surface

VJohnson
2010-02-25, 04:46 PM
I have one surface defined by points and have created the profile and cross sections which still display the surface but the surface and the "sections" in prospector are missing? Please help! I am using C3D 2010

miles9x
2010-02-25, 10:19 PM
can you upload some screen captures?

VJohnson
2010-02-26, 01:53 PM
I could provide some screen captures but basically the surface is just missing in the prospector (no definition) and in the model. My section views are in tact showing the surface in the model, in prospector the section view groups are populated but the sections were not.
We resolved by simply redifining the surface then adding to the sections.

Coolmo
2010-02-26, 07:08 PM
the surfaces on screen might just be in a "not visible" state. As far as the prospector tab, did you try to "refresh" the surfaces to make autocad try and find them?

dabbondondolo
2010-03-01, 03:31 PM
"the surfaces on screen might just be in a "not visible" state. As far as the prospector tab, did you try to "refresh" the surfaces to make autocad try and find them?"

The surface style was set to display and we did "refresh". Not sure why this happens but it occurs often on that seat. I personally have not had this happen but we see it alot in VJohnson's drawings.

Coolmo
2010-04-04, 01:58 AM
I apoligize for asking this question but is this the only drawing you have open? The only reason I bring it up is because I've seen plenty of my coworkers reading a drawing's surfaces, alignments and all kinds of other stuff in the prospector but the current document is actually not the one expanded in the prospector. Since the current drawing is highlighted/bolded at the top of the expanded features, they tend to miss the drawing name that's actually expanded right below it.

Just a thought.

dabbondondolo
2010-04-05, 02:55 PM
Yes I see your point but I wish it were that easy. That was the only drawing Virginia had open at the time.

dabbondondolo
2010-04-06, 05:37 PM
It happened again today with another project. We were missing the .mms file the proxy setting was set to <1>. Could this have changed due to the size of dwg? I really don't believe Virginia would have changed this as she was not aware of this command..

Bottom line..it was the proxy graphics setting!! woohoo :) and this time I set up a data shortcut jsut to be safe with the file size....don't think I could deal with another dwg like that without a solution. She would have lost alot of work.