PDA

View Full Version : Wire "heal" command

m.butler
2010-02-26, 11:23 AM
Is there a command available that anyone knows of to "heal" or fix wires in ACADE 2010?

The problem occurs for example when a wire is drawn with a dog leg in then when it is made into a straight line using stretch command, the original two lengths of wire are still shown as seperate wires yet in a straight line. It is then that especially with dashed lines this becomes visible. I think Nate did post a little used old autocad command to fix this but I can't seem to find his post anymore on the Autodesk forums so thought I would try here.

I am used to using Aceri's Electrical Designer which does have a heal wire function in it and my work are now pushing us to use ACADE and this function would be a useful one to regain.

m.butler
2010-02-26, 12:04 PM
For your information I got a reply on the Autodesk forums about this:

You could try the following:

1. Stretch Wire - Right click on one of the wires, and select Stretch Wire.

2. Join - Type JOIN on the command line in autocad, and select the lines you want to join.

3. Overkill - This is a tools that comes with express tools (if you installed it). Just type OVERKILL on the command line in AutoCAD. This command will join lines and also remove overlapping lines.

RenataP
2010-02-26, 05:32 PM
Is there a command available that anyone knows of to "heal" or fix wires in ACADE 2010?

The problem occurs for example when a wire is drawn with a dog leg in then when it is made into a straight line using stretch command, the original two lengths of wire are still shown as seperate wires yet in a straight line. It is then that especially with dashed lines this becomes visible. I think Nate did post a little used old autocad command to fix this but I can't seem to find his post anymore on the Autodesk forums so thought I would try here.

I am used to using Aceri's Electrical Designer which does have a heal wire function in it and my work are now pushing us to use ACADE and this function would be a useful one to regain.

Thanks for the information.

Nate moved his blog. Here is the new web address: http://nateholt.wordpress.com/

It is called AutoCAD Electrical Etcetera (http://nateholt.wordpress.com/)