PDA

View Full Version : Annotation Scaling Message (Mechanical 2010)

seneca06
2010-03-11, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know how to get rid of this message? It appears every time I open a drawing where I've used annotative scaling, including when I'm publishing.

seneca06
2010-03-29, 04:24 PM
Seriously, no one else on this entire board has seen this or knows how to fix it? Wow........I guess I'm just up the creek.

CEHill
2010-03-31, 10:08 AM
Although I did initially set up one template to use Annotation Scaling, I was subsequently scared away by general fucntionality hiccups mentioned by experienced CAD managers and users when it was first released. So, I never used it in Mechanical and subsequently have never seen this message.

I did discuss the topic of whether or not to set up Annotation Scaling inside Mechanical with a Autodesk Subscription Support technicican. Basically, he stated that there was no need to do this as Mechanical has its own set of tools i.e., AMRESCALE, to control symbol and annotation sizes. He alos stated this functionality was 'borrowed' by the AutoCAD 'Vaniila' development team. Annotation Scaling was the result.

I hope that clarifies the issue of Mechanical and Annotation Scaling usage if not answering why the message is generated.:cry: